COACHING is a journey to believe in things not yet seen….celebrating YOU!
Characteristics of Coaching:
- Collaborative – client and coach working together
- Self-Directed – client does the work
- Creative – flowing with what emerges during a session
- Structured – an intention is established and a plan emerges
- Goal-oriented – What do you want by the end of the session?
- Focuses on the Positive – building on what is working in your life
- Empowering – Yes!
Coaching is not:
- Not Therapy – clinical / healing the past / focusing on fixing problems
- Not Consulting – evaluating / advising / consultant is empowered
- Not Mentoring – Guiding / providing a role model / giving advice
- Not Spiritual Guidance – common belief systems / traditions
What is Coaching?
- A coach works with a client beginning in the now and moving forward.
- A coach helps you tap into the reservoir of your life experience and use your inner wisdom to move forward
- A coach asks questions which lead to new perspectives and understandings
- A coach asks you to be accountable for what you say you want to do